Online Ticket Frequently Asked Questions
- E-tickets – full fare and party fare tickets can be purchased on line and PRINTED at home. Present your boarding pass and valid photo ID to the driver. These tickets are non-refundable, but may be used to travel on a different date from what was originally selected.
- Curbside – the Wed/Sat Special from Wilkes Barre or Scranton to NYC can be purchased and PRINTED at home. Present your boarding pass and valid photo ID to the driver. These tickets are non-refundable and limited to the date of travel you select.
- Commuter tickets can be purchased on-line with the option to pick up at a full service station (Wilkes Barre, Scranton, Mt Pocono or Stroudsburg/DWG). Present your printed on-line receipt to a Martz Agent to receive your commuter package. Please remember to check the location hours of operation.
- Commuter tickets can be purchase on-line and MAILED to you, please be sure to allow yourself 7 days advance (4 days advance for FedEx shipments) notice for processing and mailing. Shipping charges will apply.
For tickets being mailed from NYC, Philadelphia, Norristown, Brodheadsville, Panther Valley, Snydersville, Tobyhanna, Turnpike Exit 95 please see the information below about ordering in advance.
These are locations that do not have the ability to have online tickets picked up; therefore you must select a departure date either 4 or 7 days in advance to allow time for mailing (7 days for USPS delivery, 4 for FedEx). The system will then allow you to purchase the ticket and have enough time for it to be mailed to you. If you need the ticket for the same day you are trying to purchase, tickets can be purchased at the following locations: NYC at the Adirondack Trailways ticket window, Philadelphia at the Greyhound Trailways station, Brodheadsville, Panther Valley, and Snydersville.
As an alternative please see our e-ticket print at home ticket section for obtaining tickets sooner (please note these tickets are non-refundable).
Yes, you do need your boarding pass for travel. However there are two options available:
Your ticket can be scanned from the printed form, smartphone, and/or tablet. *If you choose the “E-mail to Mobile” option, this must be done for each individual boarding pass.
Then select the highlighted seat number, to view available seating options. The bus view will display:
seats unavailable – gray
available seating – green
your current seat – yellow
Click one of the green seat numbers to change your seat assignment. Repeat this step for each individual boarding pass, and then select return to complete the update to the seat assignments.
- Party of Special’s = 30 days from departure date
- For E-ticket’s – valid for travel on any date and schedule within the expiration period. One way tickets are good for 90 days, and round trip tickets are good for 1 year.
- For Curbside Express – These are valid only for the date you have selected.
- Commuter Tickets that are to be picked up at a location will remain there for 30 days after the date of purchase.
You are encouraged to select a preferred travel schedule, but you are not guaranteed a seat on that particular departure. *Most locations board on a first come first serve basis. PLEASE BE IN LINE AT LEAST 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO ACTUAL DEPARTURE TIME, TO ENSURE YOUR TRAVEL PLANS ARE NOT DELAYED. We also recommend that you allow even more time during busy holiday travel periods.
*Only Casino trips and Curbside Express purchases are guaranteed a seat. These schedules are completely reservation based.
- This depends on the type of ticket purchased online. Special fares such as Curbside Express and all Casino trips are both non-refundable and cannot be used on another day.
- Full fare and party fare e-tickets may be used for another travel date within the expiration period.
- One way = 90 days
- Round trip = 1 year
- Party of fares = 30 days
If you select to purchase a commuter package you will not be asked to pick a schedule. You are able to use your ticket on any one of our schedules for the origin and destination you selected.
By agreeing to the terms & conditions when purchasing a ticket on our website, Martz is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets, which means if the post office or FedEx shows a delivery we will not be able to replace your tickets unless you purchased insurance. If you do find your tickets you can mail them back at any time to receive a refund (we recommend insuring your package for the amount the tickets are worth in case they get lost through the mail). If the tickets never make it to your destination (shown by FedEx or USPS) we will replace those tickets.
You will have two options, the first is USPS (United States Postal Service) Priority Mail. These tickets usually get to their destination in two to three days but sometimes can take up to a week or more depending on how much volume the post office is experiencing.
The second option is FedEx, which offers a variety of choices including: standard, second day, and next day service.
Not all online purchases result in an automatic seat reservation. In the industry most schedules are first come, first serve. The exceptions are Casino trips and Curbside Express, which allow the customer to choose their seat on the bus after completing the purchase.
Martz does offer some additional reservation options; please click the RESERVATIONS tab to learn more.
Your printed receipt (if able to print) and a photo ID to pick up your tickets.
Child and senior fares are available for purchase online through the E-ticket print at home option, but military and student discounts are not available online.
All of these discounts may be purchased at our full service terminals, ID may be required.