On Friday, March 20, 2020, Governor Cuomo announced the “New York State on PAUSE” plan and Executive Order 202.7, a directive amending order 202.6 requiring all non-essential businesses statewide to close, effective 8PM on Sunday, March 22.
The Governor’s 10-point NYS on PAUSE plan states, among other points, that:
- Individuals should limit use of public transportation to when absolutely necessary and should limit potential exposure by spacing out at least six feet from other riders
Guidance from the New York State Department of Economic Development states that, “For purposes of Executive Order 202.6, ‘Essential Business,’ means:
2. Essential infrastructure including
- utilities including power generation, fuel supply and transmission
- public water and wastewater
- telecommunications and data centers
- transportation infrastructure such as bus, rail, or for-hire vehicles, garages
Therefore, under definitions provided by the Governor and State of New York, The Martz Group is considered an Essential Business and may continue operations in New York under exemptions provided in Executive Order 202.6.
Additionally, The Martz Group is a “life sustaining business” under definitions provided by Pennsylvania Governor Wolf’s declaration of March 20, 2020, and exemptions for Trade, Transportation, & Utilities.
Martz provides essential transportation services to individuals who support hospitals, pharmacies, emergency personnel, and other necessary services. We will remain in operation to support those essential personnel as needed.