On Friday August 10th, 2018 the 495 Construction project is coming to the stage of lane closures. They are planning on closing 2 lanes starting this Friday (Center 2 lanes). The time hasn’t been communicated, assume 6am.
What does this mean for Martz and our customers?
- The Pulaski Skyway to the Holland Tunnel has reopened, so car traffic should lessen somewhat and go back to NY on that route. There will be delays, but all this promotion may cause avoidance to Interstate 495.
- The XBL, Expedited Bus Lane will be open from 6am to 10Am Daily. The bus lane back to the Port at night will be open.
- The 31st street entrance ramp onto 495 WB will be closed from 6am to 1pm weekdays to eliminate merge crashes, as that traffic must go to a detour to Patterson Plank road to 1 &9. We will not be affected by this.
- At this time, we cannot predict delays that this project will cause. We encourage all customers to evaluate their travel plans to allow ample time for delays. Please ensure you are signed up for email and text alerts. We will continue to update once traffic patterns are evaluated from this construction.
- With the Expedited Bus lane open from 6 AM to 10 AM, Martz customers will have access to the easiest ride into the city compared to private passenger vehicles. This is a great time to take advantage of our refer-a-friend program to get riders out of their private passenger vehicle and onto the bus. Please help us spread the word on this project and our refer-a-friend program.
- Please look at the diagram below for additional information regarding the lane closures.